A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world.
Agatha Christie (1890-1976)

Monday, April 14, 2008

Ducks!

We had a couple ducks in out wet land area on our property a week or 2 ago. 1 male Mallard and one mallard female.

I was a little sad when they left. Although, I am known for not liking ducks.... they are messy and I don’t like the breeding rituals they sometimes have... sad.. but an honest answer....

Dan mentioned the other day that the ducks were back... I didn’t get to see them, but today RyLee and I did get to see them again. Unfortunately, when I went out to take a picture, they flew over our heads.

I hope they come back. Next time I will sneak out the back and creep up. I was quiet and walked slow, but I got to close.

Here are a few pictures I took when they first came.




The site I linked is great for a general overview. You can even hear how they sound!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about ducks.

Tina in WA said...

Very neat! :o) Great pictures.

Hope they find a new home though. Don't want Gidget to get extra scooby snacks...

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/