A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world.
Agatha Christie (1890-1976)

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Green hour number 5


What a week +. This poor blog has been so neglected! :( It’s terrible... I just did not dedicate time over here like I wanted to and should have.

Although we did not go on a nature walk this week, no not one sadly... we were outside a lot. RyLee and I both cleared out one of the garden beds next to the house last weekend. We replanted my Hydrangea I got for our anniversary last year and planted some pansies we bought at Home Depot.

RyLee planted her/our starts for our vegetable and flower garden and some have already sprouted! That’s exciting! Its been over a week... so it was fun to see something!

Here are a few pictures of RyLee planting:






We bought 2 trays that have enough for 72 starts. It’s more than we need, but thought it would be fun to share too. *Ü*

We woke up to snow yesterday!! argh! Not a lot, but a good dusting, and it snowed again this after noon... its all gone now, but it made us so sad, and yet thankful we started the starts inside and not out!


I love the square foot gardening book! Its been a bible of sorts this week... its been my night time read! lol I’m getting comfortable with this idea and RyLee and I both cant wait to get outside more and play in the dirt!

Now for the challenge... we were to make a list of flowers or our focus area that we might recognize in our yard. Well, at this time, that would be none! lol or at least when we first got the challenge. We now have pansies and also a few marigolds we took home after sunrise service for Easter. *Ü* Also my Hydrangea and the starts... I planted my strawberry bulbs too.

I found a little tree frog in my pot with my old strawberries in it. He was taking shelter I guess. I didn’t get a picture, but did catch him to show RyLee and my husband Dan! *Ü*

Although we have done some fun things outside, we have not "studied this last, last week. *Ü* We are keeping on, but also doing what we can. We are learning and enjoying our time together, so that’s something!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Tina in WA said...

Yes, it is a good thing they aren't out side yet. Can you believe it snowed AGAIN today! This is crazy. :o)

I can't wait to see pictures of the outdoor area's your working on.

See you Monday!

~Tina

Barb said...

I think you had a wonderful nature week. It sounds like you are getting more and more aware of what is in your yard and that is soooo important. That way you can see the changes and begin to see the cycles of the seasons right under your own noses. :)

So what seeds did you plant and are you going to make boxes for your square foot garden? We are still waiting for the last frost around here. We are leaving for a vacation in Arizona with the boys and I think when we get back in the middle of April that we will plant our seeds directly outdoors.

Have a wonderful, relaxing time while the kiddos are at camp. :)

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Lori C., Texas said...

That is a lot of plants!!:) We will have to try a garden next year. We are way behind in our nature study. I am hoping to get caught up this weekend.

Lori

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/