A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world.
Agatha Christie (1890-1976)

Saturday, August 30, 2008

New book for us to read

Im so excited! I bought a new book and it finally came on Thursday!! Its called Jacks Insects by Edmund Selous.


From the back of the book:

Follow Jack and Maggie into the fascinating world of insects. When Jack recieves a book for his birthday, he and his sister suddenly find themselves inside it, living the natural history.

Originally published in 1910, Jack’s Insects is a classic living science book that Charlotte Mason used in her schools. Records indicate that she recommended it for children in Form II (grades 4–6). This unique book has been out of print and almost impossible to find. Simply Charlotte Mason has brought this valuable resource back into circulation for another generation to enjoy.

I cant wait to read this with RyLee... honestly I am more excited than she is....

7 comments:

Tina in WA said...

That book looks really neat! Oh why did I have to look at the link????? Oh WHY... OH WHY!!!!

:)

~Tina

Lisa~ said...

It is neat! You can buy a down load for cheaper... and then have the ups store bind it for ya...

Tina in WA said...

That is a good idea. I might have to look at the cost savings/difference. :)

the striped rose said...

Thanks for sharing! I am always looking for something to get my girls to appreciate insects instead of running away screaming...like their mother. ;)

Michele

Lisa~ said...

Michele

Its a great book.... I was glad to get it.... if you end up getting this.. let me know what you think....

Lisa

Kim said...

Wow I'm glad I found your blog- I'd read about this book and I'm thrilled to know I can actually get it! Thanks!

Lisa~ said...

Woohoo! Its a great book... delighful is a good word I would use.

Glad you found where to buy it!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/